We are the only skating school in San Diego with classes specifically for the developmentally disabled.
Our Special Skater class is designed for individuals of all ages who are developmentally and/or physically disabled and would like to learn how to ice skate. Ice skating has many mental and physical therapeutic benefits! Several parents have raved about how well their child’s motor and social skills have improved since taking our classes. Skaters work with our professional staff that volunteer their time and are skilled to meet your skater’s individual needs. Our program and curriculum is based on the Ice Skating Institute’s (ISI) guidelines for skaters with special needs. Official ISI badge testing, competition, and recital opportunities are available for special skaters too!
Our semester package includes:
- One 30-minute class each week during the semester, skate rental is included.
- Unlimited access for the enrolled skater plus one guest in case they need assistance on the ice to any of our available public sessions. Skate rental is included.
- One time discount at Skate n Dine and Cutting Edge Sports.
- Discounts are available for early registration, multiple classes taken in a semester, and multiple family members registering at the same time.
- Certificates are given to students at the end of the semester for completing the class.