A private lesson is one on one instruction with a coach on our professional staff. Whether your child is here for recreation or has aspirations of competition, private lessons will give the skater the extra instruction they need. They are great in addition to skating school class.
Private lessons are solely booked through the coach of your choice. If you would like to book a lesson and have a coach in mind, simply contact them directly. If you’re not sure which coach to pick, the skating director can help guide you in the right direction. All of our coaches are great and have something beneficial to offer. Please contact Director of Figure Skating Wendy Smith at 760-489-5550 ext. 313 if you have any questions.
Any coach wishing to teach private lessons at our facility must contact the Skating Director one week prior to their arrival. The forms listed below must be filled out completely, signed then returned to the Director or Figure Skating for approval before you are allowed to guest coach at Iceoplex. Also, please send copies of your Liability Insurance and proof you are a member in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating (USFS), Professional Skaters Association (PSA), and/or the Ice Skating Institiute (ISI)
We are fortunate to have a fantastic staff of professional senior coaches each with their own specialties such as: Choreography, Freestyle, Moves in the Field, Ice Dancing, Synchronized Skating, Power Skating and Theater on Ice. Collectively, we have former Regional, Sectional, Collegiate, National and International competitors and Disney on Ice, Holiday on Ice and Ice Capades veterans. They all have a passion for coaching and work well with skaters of all ages and ability levels. Each coach charges their own rate for private lessons, as they are independent contractors. Annually, they go through extensive background checks and skill testing to ensure your skater has a positive and fun skating experience.
- 15 Years Experience in Figure Skating
Figure Skating Competitor U.S.
- Professionally trained in Ballet, Jazz, Hula, and Tahitian
- Specializes in Recreational and Competitive Figure Skating for All Ages and Levels
Jonathan began skating at the age 8. He is a National and International competitor. His most recent accomplishments include placing 2nd at the 2012 Pacific Coast Sectional Championships, and placing 4th at the 2011 Ondrej Nepela Memorial in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- PSA Certifed Rating in Freestyle, Moves in the Field, Choreography, Program Director & Group Instructor
- Coached Regional, Sectional, and National Level Skaters
- Professionally Trained in Classical Ballet, Modern, Tap, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Flamenco and Polynesian Dance
- Works With Physically and Developmentally Disabled Skaters
- Teaches All Levels of Competitive and Recreational Skaters
- PSA Master Rated, Freestyle, Choreography, and Moves in the Field
- USFS Gold Medalist
- Performed With Ice Capades
- B.A. in Psychology and Law & Society
- Collegiate National Competitor
- 20 Years Skating Experience, 5 Years Coaching Experience
- 14 Years Professionally Trained in Ballet, Jazz, and Tap
- Specializes in Skating Development, Teaches All Ages and Ability Levels
- Founder and Director of California Theater on Ice
- National and International Gold Medalist
- USFS Silver Medalist
- Teaches All Levels of Recreational & Competitive Figure Skating
- USFS Double Gold Medalist
- 8 Years Professional Show Experience
- Over 20 Years Teaching Experience With All Ages & Levels